Role: Senior solicitor. Head of Criminal Department and Supervisor
Darekshan qualified as a solicitor in 2000 and joined us in 2017, she has a wealth of experience in all areas of Criminal Law. Darekshan deals with both private and legal aid cases, ensuring that any case she takes on are prepared to the highest standard.
Darekshan throughout her career has worked on a wide range of cases and is known for her meticulous preparation of cases, her communication skills, and her knowledge of law.
Darekshan has considerable experience dealing with clients from all sides of the globe, she has dealt with professional and lay clients. Her expertise and experience cover murder, serious fraud, corruption, large scale drug cases, white collar financial crime, regulatory matters, and Extradition
Darekshan has travelled to Colombia, Portugal, France, and Ireland to obtain witness statements and other evidence in the preparation of her cases.
- R v P – Murder- Gang related Murder – youth
- R v S – Murder – Death of a baby 20 years after the incident
- R v A – Murder – Gang related murder
- R v C – Attempted Murder
- R v L – Rape – admissibility of previous convictions
- R v E – Murder: “baby shaking” – an allegation of a murder by a polish nanny.
- R v D – Murder: “Operation Trident” gang related murder allegation
- R v F – Murder: Arson involving an elderly man alleged to have started a fire
- R v S – Murder: defendant suffering serious mental health issues alleged to have killed his wife
- R v A – Murder: Retrial of gang-related racial hatred murder
- R v M – Rape: gang related
- R v G – Rape: Defendant alleged to have carried out activities relating to incest
- R v C – Indecent assault: Involved a professional dentist
- R v T – Fraud: Mortgage fraud
- R v J – Fraud: VAT fraud
- R v H – Written representation drafted in relation to extension of time to investigate. The court refused the police application which resulted in the police not taking the matter any further.